2017 featured speakers
More 2017 featured speakers coming soon!
2017 conference programme is coming soon!
The 2017 conference programme will be available in July 2017. For further information about speaking opportunities and the programme please contact Nevenka Ristic, Project Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the conference
African Ports Evolution 2017 is THE premiere maritime forum in Africa providing attendees with take home, future-proofed solutions for boosting the integrity of port operations, modernising facilities, and increasing bulk and container throughput. The forum aims to discover the scale of planned marine development and expansion projects across the African continent. It provides proven alternative solutions for demand driven port development and expansion, creating productive ports and terminals and supportive networks to fast-track Africa's economic development.
Furthermore African Ports Evolution 2017 will demonstrate how to reduce transport costs and boost economic development. Join other key stakeholders in the maritime transport industry and hear from an unbeatable line-up of thought-leaders as they discuss new strategies and the rapid evolution of the port industry in Africa.
2017 Advisory Board
The Advisory Board are carefully selected thought leaders who assist us in shaping and directing the conference content.
Click here to meet our advisory board
THE STRATEGIC CONFERENCE WILL BE HIGHLY INTERACTIVE AND SOLUTIONS-FOCUSED. Panel discussions & round tables covering the following topics:
- Enhancing port competitiveness while driving port collaboration
- Understanding the benefits of the Port-City-Nexus: why ports should create reciprocal synergies with their surrounding communities
- Using IT solutions to drive port efficiency, optimisation and cost control
- Solving local capacity and skills gaps in the sector
- Turning environmental impact challenges into opportunities
- Promoting regional trade facilitation and boosting intra-African trade
- Capacity development through driving local skills development
- Exploring innovative ways that ports can generate revenue
African port infrastructure spend is now totalling over US $50 billion and projects are underway across more than 10 major ports in Africa. African Ports Evolution is a timely gateway to the industry.
In 2017 the conference programme will incorporate a strong focus on developing `smart` ports, where the average start-up investment ranges from US $500 million on equipment and technology. Currently no ports in Africa are fully automated but the maritime landscape is at a pivotal juncture as African ports gear up towards post-neo-panamax port requirements.