06 April 2016
Durban Chamber’s 160th Annual Gala Dinner
The Durban Chamber wishes to invite all businesses to their 160th Annual Gala Dinner: Leverage a Legacy. We are delighted to announce that Mr Peter Staude, CEO of Tongaat Hulett, will be the keynote speaker at the Annual Gala Dinner.
In his keynote address, Peter will cover:
• The imperative for Business to create value for all stakeholders through an all-inclusive approach to growth and development.
• Social sustainability and innovation.
• The importance of building trust.
• Having a strong value system underpinned by ethical behaviour.
• The need for Business to get better at telling its story both individually and collectively.
Peter grew up in Krugersdorp, where his father had his own manufacturing business employing some 200 people. He lectured at the University of Pretoria before joining Hulamin in Pietermaritzburg in 1978. In 1980 he was the champion and the first Chairman of, a newly formed, so-called “multi-racial” Staff Association at Hulamin. He became the Managing Director of Hulamin in 1996. Hulamin received the State Presidents award for being South Africa’s Top Export Company in 2001. In 2002 he was appointed the Chief Executive Officer of Tongaat Hulett. Peter is a former Chairman of both Trade and Investment KZN and Hulamin.
Tongaat Hulett has been listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange since 1952 and its operations date back to the mid-1800s. It has operations in six SADC countries (Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, South Africa and Zimbabwe) and employs some 34 000 people.
Today Tongaat Hulett focusses its growth in the areas of:
• Sugar, Energy and Animal Feeds
• Starch and Glucose from maize
• Land use and Property Development
Thursday, 14 April | 18:00 for 18:30
Dress Code: Ball Gowns, African Attire and Suites with Mask
Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre
Table of 10 seats:
Members: R13 500 | Per seat - R1 450
Non Members: R14 500| Per seat - R1 650
The sooner you book, the closer to the front you will be seated
Platinum Tables: R20 000
• VIP Treatment
• Special pre-drinks at VIP reception
• Seating towards front of the venue in a VIP cordoned area
• Profiling of your Company logo on the large screens during the event proceedings
• Two bottles of Red and White Wine and one bottle of Champagne on your table
• Dedicated waiter
The Durban Chamber is appealing to its big business membership to sponsor a table to afford emerging entrepreneurs the opportunity to attend the Durban Chambers 160th Annual Gala Dinner. These sponsorships will qualify for BEE credits on the transformational scorecard due to the Durban Chamber’s Enterprise Development Beneficiary status. Sponsorship of 5 or more tables for SMMEs will attract publicity for the sponsor.
Join us for an evening of great networking, fantastic entertainment and a brilliant keynote speaker. For more information, please contact Sharmala Pillay, Durban Chamber Events Manager, on email@example.com or 031 335 1000.