09 February 2016
Transnet solidifies ties with German Ambassador H.E. Mr Walter Lindner
On Wednesday 27th January, Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) hosted the Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany, Mr Walter J. Lindner, at TPTs’ head office in Durban.
The delegation visit emanated from the current stakeholder relationship between the Southern-African German Chamber of commerce (SAGCC) and Transnet Port Terminals (TPT). The co-hosted strategic B2B session included the local automotive manufacturing and logistics Principal Members of the German Chamber together with the German Ambassador and the German Embassy's Economic Division head, Economic Counsellor Dr. Falk R. Bömeke.
The key objectives of the delegation visit were to:
• To facilitate an induction for the German Ambassador to Transnet and its various divisions with a tour of Transnet Port Terminals' Car Terminal showcasing current processes and new methods underway to create greater efficiencies at the terminal
• Highlight the connection between Transnet and that of the Southern-African German Chamber of Commerce
• Explore the significance of Germany's trade relations with South Africa placing specific emphasis on the Automotive Industry
• Explore collaborative opportunities between all the stakeholders and propose how to further strengthen relations with Germany and South Africa as a result of this process.
• Display activities of German companies in the Durban region and reassuring the support of the Chamber and the Embassy with regards to investment challenges.
• Establish direct high level contacts between all stakeholders.