With participation from over 300 high-level executives from 14 countries and over 20 hours of networking – this is THE must-attend event for stimulating Africa’s economic growth through increased investment in ports infrastructure.
African Ports Evolution will address the readiness of African ports to receive the newer and bigger vessels, developing, improving and protecting port facilities; securing financing for marine infrastructure; managing congestion and increasing operational efficiency. The programme will feature leading presentations and case studies from Africa and abroad. Over 40 speakers will be part of the programme including:
Download the brochure
African Ports Evolution Forum programme is now available!
Click here to download the brochure
Can your technology and expertise revolutionise Africa’s ports and terminals?
Expertise needed for an elite audience of port authorities, terminal operators, coal and mineral mining houses, shipping lines, government officials from over 14 African countries.
- Get up to date on ports expansion plans by meeting with planning directors and port engineers who will prepare you for tenders before they open.
- Access coastal and hinterland stakeholders and build commercial relationships to boost intermodal connectivity and ROI on significant volumes.
- Meet with port peers and maritime decision makers during more than 8 hours of red-carpet networking opportunities.
Africa’s ports are bursting at the seams and trade volumes are only set to increase:
- Bigger ships are being built that African ports can simply not accommodate
- Insufficient container storage space for current cargo volumes
- Long delays in transit times increasing the demand for container storage space
- Long delays with customs clearances
- Join in a unique opportunity for open dialogue and collaboration between National Revenue Authorities and National Ports Authority to foster cost-saving efficiencies in the cargo clearance process.
- Participate in the only event that offers a step-by-step guidance throughout every stage in the African port expansion project life cycle. From managing your RFP process, to completion, you’ll learn from the experiences of your peers to develop your own plan for a successful expansion plan.
Hear solutions for enabling demand driven port expansion and network with industry peers
The African Ports Evolution Forum will provide attendees with take home, future-proofed solutions for boosting the integrity of port operations, modernising facilities, and increasing bulk and container throughput.
With a lively mix of keynote addresses, panel discussions, case study presentations and many networking sessions, make sure you do not miss out on this opportunity to hear from Africa’s most authoritative figures!
African Ports Evolution 2013 Promo including highlights from African Ports Evolution 2012
Not much to fear from African ports — yet
South African ports’ regional dominance is unlikely to face any immediate challenge, despite new investments in the port and rail infrastructure of neighbouring countries. Read more
China cash for SA port shows Africa priority
China’s decision to spend billions of dollars this week to revamp South Africa’s rail lines and a major port show the importance Beijing places on making sure African minerals reach its fast-growing industries. Read more
Xi ends tour with port deal in Congo
China’s newly appointed President Xi Jinping wrapped up a six-day tour of Africa on Friday in Republic of Congo, where he signed off on infrastructure projects and pledged deeper cooperation between his country and the continent. Read more
Africa’s ports hold the key to unlocking the continent’s wealth and are poised to expand… are you ready?
“This forum will help Africa’s leading coastal nations collaborate with their landlocked neighbours to reduce the cost of trade, transport, and logistics across the Southern continent.” Johny Smith, CEO, Walvis Bay Corridor Group